Graduates of the Registered Nurses’ Program from St. Boniface School of Nursing and Associate members are eligible for funding. A maximum amount of $1000 is available, with a total maximum available for each applicant to be $500. If more than two applicants, the amount will be divided accordingly.
The Lanthier / Pochailo Bursary
The St. Boniface Registered Nurses’ Alumni Association is pleased and honored to manage and distribute a bursary in memory and honour of Juliette Pochailo (nee Lanthier) who was a 1944 graduate of the St. Boniface School of Nursing. Juliette’s family indicated that nursing was her life even until the end, living to be almost 101 years old! She was so proud of her school and teachings.An amount of $1000 is available.
Criteria for both bursaries
Funding will be awarded for practice-based nursing research, workshops, conferences and University courses in nursing. Proposed research must be clinically relevant and ultimately benefit patients. To be considered, applicants must:
- Be or become paid members of the Alumni (membership information or email at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Provide proof of enrolment for workshops, conferences or courses, including the cost.
- Provide one-page summary of proposal for research study.
- Submit a letter of application by March 31, 2019.
- Be in attendance at the Annual Dinner on May 15, 2019.
- Provide the cost of the Research Project / Workshop / Conference / University Course & other sources of funding
The Alumni reserves the right to request return of funding should the candidate not complete the research or attend the workshop or conference, other than for reasons of personal illness. Apply in writing to:
Attention: Alumni Treasurer
St. Boniface Registered Nurses’ Alumni Association
Room NG018, 409 Tache Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R2H 2A6