Critical Care Nursing Orientation Program – Next course intake starting September 5, 2023
If you are looking for a learning opportunity and enjoy working in a dynamic care environment, consider becoming a Critical Care nurse.
The Critical Care Nursing Orientation program (CCNOP) offers nurses comprehensive training, so you are fully prepared to work with critically ill patients in an ICU. Additional support is also available to thoroughly integrate CCNOP graduates to the ICU and their new team.
CCNOP graduates have a guaranteed position in one of our intensive care units where you will join a collaborative team of nurses, doctors, pharmacists, respiratory therapists, dieticians, physiotherapists, social workers, and support staff with critical care expertise.
Your team will support you every step of the way in your new career.
How it works:
- Guaranteed job in Critical Care: You will apply directly to your preferred ICU (at the hospital of your
choice) as a nurse trainee and start on the unit upon completion of your training.
- Comprehensive Training: This comprehensive orientation program will train and fully prepare you for your new role. You will participate in theory and lab training, with in-unit experience and clinical orientation supported by experienced nurse educators.
- Paid Training: You will be paid a full-time salary throughout your comprehensive training.*
- Accessible Education: The program blends online and classroom learning followed by hands-on experience through specialized clinical practicum in the unit where you will work upon graduation.
Lab and clinical (buddied and specialized) experience are an important part of the CCNOP program.
- The Cardiac Rhythm Course is a prerequisite for the CCNOP. If you require the rhythm course, contact 204-787-4988 for more information.
- To sign up for the CCNOP, apply directly for a Critical Care Nurse Trainee position online at
https://careers.wrha.mb.ca/. A minimum of one-year acute care experience in surgery, medicine, emergency or cardiac care is preferred. Positions will be posted from June 19 to July 2.
For more information:
- Visit the Critical Care Nursing Orientation Program website at https://wrha.mb.ca/criticalcare/orientationprogram/
*Salary commensurate with the Manitoba Nurses Union (MNU) N2 salary scale.