Welcome to St. Boniface Hospital
The two (2) entry points to the main hospital building are the
- Everett Atrium (main entrance): Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- South Entrance: Open Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Closed weekends and statutory holidays
The Emergency entrance remains open as usual for patients needing emergency care.
Please bring a non-medical mask to wear when you are in the hospital. Before entering, you will be asked several questions about your health and recent travel.
COVID-19 Outbreak Update
(March 3, 2021)
We are currently investigating an outbreak declared on February 22 on the A5 Cardiology/Medicine unit. To date, there are:
· eight (8) patients and two (2) staff members who have tested positive for COVID-19 and two (2) deaths to report related to this outbreak.
The outbreak on A6S, declared on February 14, 2021, has been resolved as of March 1, 2021. Related to this outbreak, there were fifteen (15) patients and two (2) staff members who tested positive for COVID-19, and three (3) deaths.
We offer our condolences on behalf of the entire St. Boniface Hospital community to the family and loved ones at this difficult time.
To help stop the spread of COVID-19 and to ensure the ongoing protection of patients, staff and visitors, enhanced facility-wide measures continue to support Infection Prevention & Control directives we are:
· Monitoring all common areas and breakrooms for adherence to occupancy limits, social distancing and PPE compliance.
· Increasing environmental cleaning and disinfection of units and high touch surfaces.
· Paging a message overhead to ensure social distancing compliance.
· Ensuring managerial presence to cover evening shift to support staff, increase auditing and respond to patient and family concerns.
· Reducing movement of staff between COVID zones.
· Ensuring specialty intervention teams are in place to coach and support staff in adhering to Infection Prevention & Control measures such as PPE compliance, hand washing, social distancing, environmental cleaning, and implementing outbreak protocols.
· Restricting patient movement on units, as much as possible.
· Restricting visits with exceptions for end-of-life care, laboring women and NICU. Families are encouraged to meet their loved ones virtually.
· Ensuring rapid testing for St. Boniface Hospital Staff, Physicians and Residents.
St. Boniface Hospital remains open. Clinics and procedures continue unless advised otherwise.
Regular updates will be provided on this web page as the situation unfolds.
Communication with Patients
Click here for information on communicating with patients in Winnipeg Intensive Care Units, including St. Boniface Hospital.
All Patient Care Units
We encourage you to use our Well Wishes Program to let your loved one know you are thinking about them.
St. Boniface Hospital
St. Boniface Hospital has been providing leadership in health care on behalf of Manitobans since it was first established by the Grey Nuns in 1871.
The Everett Atrium serves as the main entrance for St. Boniface Hospital, located at 409 Taché Avenue.
A public space, it includes the main Inquiry Desk, several retail services available to patients, visitors, and staff , and leads to the Buhler Gallery, an art gallery open to all.
We invite patients and visitors to ask the staff at the Main Information Desk for directions and wayfinding.
Help Us Reduce the Spread of InfectionsPROVINCIAL POSTER
Hand hygiene is the #1 way to prevent the spread of infections. Hand sanitizers are conveniently located throughout the hospital… before entrances, on patient care units, and near elevators. Please use them!
- Your doctors and nurses should practice hand hygiene every time they enter your room.
- Clean your hands before eating, after using the restroom, and after touching surfaces in the hospital.